Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Dream Big by Charmaine Canham




Good Morning Flowers! 

I have a quick and fun card to show you today. I wasn't in the mood to color, so I grabbed the next best thing guaranteed to make a big impression!  I just got the Fantastic Flowers stamp set and wanted to play with my Distress Oxide Sprays. Here are the instructions for this happy pairing!

I started with stamping three flowers and clear heat embossing them.
This way, you can easily clean the spray from the black embossed lines. 

Here I used three Distress Oxide Sprays that work well together. Use an old box to spray into and in a well-ventilated area. Alternate the colors, drying them in between spraying again.


Next, stamp the Typewriter Text Background stamp with a dye ink or
 Amalgam ink, like Gina K's, onto the cut-out flowers. This will give the flowers more interest.


For the actual card base, I decided to use a slimline card (8 1/2 x 3 1/2) and spray
that with Distress Oxide spray and Mica Spray for some shine. 


Stamp the leaf stamp with VersaMark and white heat; emboss this. Make sure to use
your antistatic tool and wait for the base to dry.


No card is complete without "bling"! I had an old circular flower die and cut three circles. Glue these to the center of each flower. I then added a gemmed brad to each after piercing a hole through the center with my punch tool. 


Curl and shape the flowers with your hands, and place foam tape under each flower.
Stamp a small sentiment and "hide" it in the folded flowers. 

I hope you enjoyed today's card. Let me know what you think!


Talk soon!
Charmaine 








2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Thanks for sharing how you created this beautiful card, Charmaine! I love it! Hugs!

Lissette said...

Love the card and the colors. Never knew how to use the oxide sprays. Thanks for the inspiration.