Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Be still and know by Charmaine Canham


 How are you? Are you OK? How are you holding up? Let me tell you, I am not doing well.
The world is on fire, countries are at war,
we are fighting amongst ourselves.
 I had to make myself a card tonight to remind me that
 God is in control. He is almighty, and He's got this. 

Ok, let me tell you how I made these two cards:

The inspiration for this card is from all the noise we constantly hear from the big cities. I chose the Landscape Silhouette stamp set for both cards.



First, I made the background using my favorite combo of Distress Oxides: Black Soot, Chipped Saphire, and Dusty Concord.



Next, stamp Typewriter Text Background stamp with white pigment ink.



 Stamp the city silhouette with black ink, and then clear heat emboss it to prevent smudging. 


Add "stars" with white Copic Opaque paint splatters.


Stamp your sentiment from the Faith Wordfetti stamp set. I then
mounted it on silver Mirror card to play on the silver of the stars.



The next card is made in the same way and with the same stamp sets.
I tried to mimic the "fire" using these distress oxides.


This background is named Psalm 23 background.


Stamp this with a Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide.


I found a Versafine Clair that matched the brown of the Distress Oxide. This is
 also, a nice ink for detail stamping.


I added gold Tonic Mirror cardstock to the back.


I hope you found some comfort today.

Talk soon,
Charmaine


2 comments:

Deborah K said...

Beautiful cards! I love all the stamps you have used and will be adding SASS stamps to my collection soon!

Charmaine Canham CharCards said...

Thank you so much. These are truly very versatile stamps for cards and journaling.