Saturday, August 14, 2021

Stencils on Patterned Paper

 Happy Saturday Stampers! This is Michelle from East Bay Stamp Chick. I'm back with a fun stencil technique using items from the new August Release! I am loving all the fun Fall items in this release! 

So, I made 2 cards using the emboss resist technique. Here are my cards.




Both cards feature the Fall Leaves Stencil and the Fall Breeze stamp set




To make the background for each card, I cut 2 panels of patterned cardstock measuring 3.75x5 inches. Then I taped the stencil over the paper. I used a blending brush to apply clear pigment ink on top of the stencil. Then I sprinkled clear embossing powder on top and heat set with a heat gun. Then I used another blending brush to apply a brown dye ink on top of the whole panel. Once the ink is applied, I used a dry cloth to wipe the ink off of the embossed areas. Anywhere that is embossed the patterned paper underneath shows thru and the ink doesn't stick. I love seeing the patterned paper peak thru.

I hope you check out the new release and make some time to get crafty this weekend!

1 comment:

Kathy Raker said...

I like the idea of using the background paper and clear embossing powder to have the leaves stand out. Both are really cute.