Monday, August 13, 2012

Clean and Simple with Sweet 'n Sassy

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you Clean and Simple (CAS). I'm known for my messy/distressed style, but I always admire simple cards... and sometimes, LESS is more! So I set out to play around and come up with some CAS designs.

I decided to use the new Grunge Border clear stamp set as my base set...

For my first card, I used Kraft paper, and just added similar hues and white. The images are from Vintage Postcard, Thinking of You , and New Beginnings along with New Beginnings Butterfly die. The butterfly is die-cut out of vellum, stamped with VersaMark and embossed with white embossing powder (something you've seen me do over and over-and I can never get tired of the soft look). 


On my second card, I used bright colors with the awesome chevron image. (You might have seen this card on SplitCoast Stampers. I made if for one of the challenges at our last release party.) This was super easy to make, and you can change the colors to work for the occasion. The quote is from Kindness clear stamp set.


On my last card, I used the negative image of a die, Season of Change Leaf. I stamped the white base card with the wood grain image. You can also just stamp a piece of white card stock, and tuck it behind the die-cut image. The quote is from the new Autumn Collage clear stamp set.


Hope we will see some of your CAS creations.

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika   

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow Monika, these are fabulous! Love how you used Grunge Border and your CAS style.

Bridget said...

all three are fabulous, Monika!

Cathymac said...

All three are wonderful, Monika! Love the wood grain showing through the leaf die cut...how clever!

Diana Seal said...

Wonderful cards! Love the pretty butterfly.

Lee said...

Oh they are such a gorgeous CAS! That butterfly is just so elegant!

IZZYLALA said...

I am new and just now have seen your cards...i have always said if i recieved nothing but a card made from the heart, i would be the most happiest and the most lucky of all...all your cards indeed are beautiful...thanks for sharing...

Ruby said...

Ooh I LOVE these Monika, they are fabulous!!