Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Little Glitz and Glitter

Hello friends!  I just LOVE Christmas...love the decorations, the carols, the family get-togethers, the special church services!  I LOVE driving around at night looking at all sparkly lights!  I LOVE the glitz and the glitter!  Glitter and glitz also looks great on cards, so that is my challenge today for the "Ways To Use It" challenge over at Splitcoaststampers...add glitter or glitz to your card creation.  Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps has many wonderful Christmas sets that are perfect for adding a little sparkle, but I chose to use a set that is not really considered a Christmas set for my sample.


The tag on my card was created using the Forest Silhouettes Clear Stamp Set.  When paired with papers from the Turtle Dove Paper Pad by KaiserCraft and some snowflake embossing, a wonderful wintery Christmas scene was created.  The layout for the card is this week's sketch at The Sweet Stop.  Stickles was added to the trees and snowdrifts and Extreme Glitter Acrylic Paint was splattered over the entire card with a toothbrush.  Although it is hard to see in the photo, this card really sparkles. 

With only five days left until Christmas, I'm sure everyone is frantically finishing up the shopping, the gift wrapping, and the last minute card making.  Let's not forget the thing I LOVE most about Christmas...celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior!  After all He is the reason for the season!

May the love of Jesus fill your hearts and home this Christmas!

Hugs,
Cathy

1 comment:

Mary K said...

Cathy, I love the techniques on this card..how absolutely lovely!