Saturday, May 31, 2014

Happiness

Hi there everyone and welcome to the weekend!  Today I'm sharing a card that I created back in January, when those of us in the northeast were freezing and anxious for warmer temps, pretty colors, and butterflies!  (PS - It's still too cold here and it's almost June! LOL!)

To create my card, I first made my card base out of a heavy white cardstock and then embossed a second piece of white cardstock to layer on top of the card cover.  Next I used a variety of Distress Paint to randomly paint a few scraps of cardstock.  Once the paint was dry, I die cut the butterflies using the Monarch Die set.  And, yes, you can to die cut before you stamp!  Next up was stamping each butterfly, using Archival Ink (Jet Black), which is the perfect ink for stamping on top of paint.  (Heck, I love it for stamping on everything!)  I used the coordinating stamp set, Majestic Monarch, to add the details to my die cut butterflies.  I then stamped and cut out the sentiment (in this case, I stamped first and then cut so that I would be sure the sentiment would fit on the die) before assembling my card.  I slightly bend each butterfly wing for a more realistic look and attach them with a tiny piece of foam tape.

I hope you enjoy today's card and the weekend!

Kim

2 comments:

Julia Bettencourt said...

This card is so lovely. I love all the rich colors of the butterflies against the light background.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Love the embossing & the colors in the butterflies. Tfs!