Monday, March 14, 2016

Find Refuge Under His Wings

Hello Sweet Friends!  Julie here to share a card created with the brand new stamp set, His Wings (designed by Korin Sutherland for the Creative Worship line of Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps) along with Grunge Elements.

I love all of the images and words in this stamp set- I think it is perfect for Bible Art Journaling as well as card making. 

I stamped the three feather images and the flying bird from His Wings using Versamark™ Ink onto white cardstock, heat embossed the images with black embossing powder and once the embossing powder cooled, I colored the large feather along with the peacock feather with water based markers- soft sky, turquoise, wasabi green, daffodil yellow.

I carefully fussy cut each feather image along with the bird and set the images aside while I prepped the background.

I positioned the words from the His Wings stamp set onto a clear block and stamped them using Archival Black ink onto white cardstock.

I stamped the Grunge Elements stamp with Turquoise dye based ink (stamping off before stamping onto the word panel), trimmed the panel and mounted onto black cardstock.

I embossed a scrap piece of white cardstock with an embossing folder and mounted this layer onto black cardstock.

To finish off the card, I mounted the word panel onto a piece of white cardstock, added the feathers with the silver cording, mounted the horizontal embossed white strip and added the bird image with dimensional foam.

The last finishing touch was a Rhinestone in the “eye” of the peacock feather.

His Wings
I am so glad that I can find “Refuge under His Wings” – I hope you can confidently say that you have trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and you are finding “refuge under His Wings” as well. 
Grunge Elements


Hugs and have a blessed week, sweet friends!

1 comment: