Monday, May 23, 2016

Congrats Grad!

Hello! It's Monika here today, with a graduation card.
Yes, it's that time of the year! Summer is almost here. While I don't make a lot of graduation cards, this year I had to make a special one since my son is graduating from 8th grade!
I picked his school colors, blue and gold/yellow.


The background is lightly water colored/smooshed with light blue ink. Then I just stamped the images from Congrats Grad clear stamp set randomly. To soften the look, I added a vellum panel (attached with mini staples), before attaching the graduation cap and the greeting. The cap was colored with water color.


Thank you for stopping by,
Monika

 
 

4 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Monika, I love this!!!! I need to make several quick grad cards, I think I might CASE this! Awesome!!!!

Cathymac said...

Very cool grad card, Monika! Love the background with the vellum overlay! So creative and eye-appealing!

Donna Whitten said...

Wonderful card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Monika, what a fabulous graduation card! I LOVE how you've used the set to make a wonderful background. And the cap on vellum with the "congratulations" is just perfect! Love the blue accents! Wonderful card and a great set! Hugs!