Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A "Me" ATC with Girl Power

So...I recently joined a swap to do an ATC. Not sure what drove me to do it except it looked like fun. What is an ATC you ask, well I didn't really know either so I looked it up - it is an Artist Trading Card and artist all over create these little mini (2.5"X3.5) works of art and trade them with each other.

They are adorable and fun, and while I don't see myself trading a lot, (though I never say never :)) I do think think they could be used in so many other ways - you could mount them on the front of a card, put them in a scrapbook, use them as a tip in for your Bible journaling, just to name a few.

So what does this have to do with my post today? Well...when Sweet N Sassy came out with the new stamp set called Girl Power, for some reason it made me think of the Wii avatars (Mii) and I saw myself in the choices. I thought how fun would it be to create a "Me" on an ATC so if I did trade, it would be kinda like a self portrait (haha!)

It was so much fun! I chose my hairstyle, colored her with Copics, and added Glasses. I fussy cut her and mounted her on a mixed media piece  (which includes some inking of Texture Tiles 1 Clear Stamp Set and was messy and sooo fun all by itself), then I stamped a few power words from the May 2018 Stamp of the Month: Scripty Thoughts set "Blessings, Prayers, and, Love" and cut them out to add to my ATC.

In the end, these cute little cards make me very happy. They are bright, colorful and fun (which I have said like a hundred times now so it tells you how great it really is!) I am going to use one in my Bible and the other I am going to frame as a little work of art :)

I hope you were inspired!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lyn




No comments: