Monday, August 20, 2018

Happy Scarecrow Shaker

Hello! It's Monika here today with a shaker card. Have you noticed that I LOVE making shaker cards? It's true... it adds so much to a card, and I love the movement!
I decided to use the cute scarecrow from Happy Scarecrow clear stamp set. It was the perfect focal point to my Fall shaker card.


I started with stamping the images on water color card stock and coloring them with Kuretake Gansai Tambi water color. I stamped some extra pieces of the scarecrow (hat, flower, pockets, the ham of the pants, and the sleeves of the coat) and after cutting all the images out, I adhere the extra pieces onto the main scarecrow image... some with dimensional tape. Can you see the dimension those pieces added to my card?


The background was made with pigment powder, coffee filter and photo paper (check out the tutorial on SplitCoast Stampers). It's a super cool technique and pretty easy to make...
The shaker was filled with sequins and micro beads. I also placed some small stamped leaves inside the shaker. 
The greeting is from Keep in Touch Too clear stamp set. I wanted this to be a 'neutral' card I could use for any reason/occasion during the Fall season, hence the simple greeting...


Thanks for stopping by,
Monika

 

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful Monika. Love the colors you chose to use for the scarecrow and the background of your card. This is the best scarecrow stamp Ive seen thus far! Smile BIG! :)

Mary