Thursday, August 9, 2018

I {Heart} Distress Oxides


Hello Sweet 'n Sassy Stampers! 
It's Ceal here to share with you today something I love to do and that's use distress oxide inks to make backgrounds.

To create my card I started with a Kraft card base and a piece of Bristol cut down with a stitched die. I find that distress inks, weather they are regular or normal blend so much better when you use bristol cardstock opposed to regular cardstock.  For the background I randomly blended a little Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed and Crushed olive on the paper then I smushed each color on the craft sheet and sprayed with water, and lightly touched a portion of the bristol paper on the wet ink (this gives you the splattered look) and dried it with a heat tool after each time until I achieved a look I was happy with. Next using the MISTI I stamped the leaves from the Give Thanks set which is the Stamp of the Month and can be earned free when placing a $75 order or more. The greeting is from the Incredibly Blessed set which are both in our August release. 
Distress Oxides are opaque and I love that quality because not only can you achieve a layer look with them you can also watercolor with them. I watercolored the leaves using Gathered Twigs and I love the outcome, the more water you use the less opaque it is as you can see in the very bottom leaf. 



I also shared this card on my blog yesterday where I used the Mowed Lawn oxide to watercolor the cactus.






No comments: