Thursday, September 20, 2018

Home for the Holidays!

Today I have cards to share using this month's Sweet N Sassy stamp set called Home for the Holidays! It has some really great simple, vintage (ish) images. This set really makes me happy and inspires some great card ideas.

For the first card, I have a CAS front door scene. I masked the wreath so it looks like it is hanging on the front door (that is right - this can be a non-holiday card too :)) I had fun coloring the stone facing with my warm grays and a touch of blue violets. I combined the word choices available in the set to create my simple mixed-font sentiment.



For my next card, I went VERY simple and stamped my image and sentiment on a card front and then colored it up with my colored pencils for a soft look.

For my final card, I created a background with the separate scene building elements of the set. I colored them up with Copics and added a sentiment banner using a sentiment from the Christmas Poinsettia set (which is free this month with a $75 purchase.)

I LOVE this set and I hope you like what I created and are inspired to try different techniques with your sets too.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lyn




No comments: