Saturday, November 24, 2018

Wise Men and All the Things

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! Today I'm sharing a couple of Christmas cards using some old and new favorites. This is such a busy time of year, and all the things can sometimes overshadow the reason for the season. So for today's post I chose to focus on cards that shift the focus back on the true gift of Christmas.

Wise Men still seek him card by Julee Tilman using Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

We Three Kings stamp set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
First up, is this "almost" one layer card using the beautiful and timeless We Three Kings stamp set. I have loved this set from afar for many years and am so happy to have it in my hands now! To start the background, I did a bit of ink blending with evergreen bough, salty ocean and chipped sapphire distress oxides. I then stamped the wise men  and the star image in versamark ink and embossed in white.

Next I free hand cut a snowy bank from white paper, then embossed the sntiment in silver.  A bit of ink sponged along the edge gives some dimension and I finished with a silver bow.





For the next card, I started with this darling tree from the Christmas Topiaries set (50% off in the shop right now!). I colored in with Copic markers and then fussy cut.  I tucked a circle that I blended some spun sugar and warm lipstick distress oxides onto for a little glow.  The sentiments are both from the Jesus + Coffee set and I embossed them in silver. I finished off this sweet little square card with some Holly Jolly Christmas papers from Bella Blvd.

Jesus + Coffee Stamp set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps  Christmas Topiaries stamp set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Our 11th birthday + Black Friday sale is still going strong. Save 25% off your $25 min purchase with code BDAY11BF. Offer expires 11/26.
Happy shopping!

No comments: