Monday, November 26, 2018

Crazy About Snowmen!


Hello! It's Monika here today with couple of snowmen cards using Crazy About Snowmen clear stamp set! To celebrate Sweet n' Sassy Stamps' 11th birthday, we have a throwback stamp set full of SNOWMEN from the past! How sweet is that?!

My first card is a SHAKER!I just love making shaker cards, and they are not hard to make!
I started by stamping snowflakes all over the blue card stock. Then I splashed white paint onto the panel to add more dept to the card. I stamped the greeting with Onyx Black VersaFine ink.
Next I stamped the sweet snowmen images (for both cards) with Onyx Black VersaFine ink, and colored them with Kuretake Gansai Tambi water colors before cutting them out. 



To make my shaker, I cut a slightly smaller rectangle than the blue panel out of white fun foam. Then I cut a circle out of the blue panel and also out of the fun foam. (I set the blue circle aside for the next project!) I also cut an extra circle out of white card stock, sponged it with various blue inks, then stamped the tree and moon images from Thrill of Hope clear stamp set with Onyx Black VersaFine ink. 
Next I adhered the fun foam and the stamped circle onto a white base card. I adhered a piece of window sheet to the back side of the blue panel (covering the circle window opening). Then I covered the fun foam rectangle with double sided tape and glue and carefully filled the circle (in the fun foam) with micro beads and sequins. To finish the shaker, I adhered the blue panel onto the card. 
To decorated the front of the card, I adhered white thread, the snowman (with dimensional tape) and  silver rhinestones.

I turned my second card into an anniversary card. Those snowmen are just so adorable and perfect holding a heart! I used the leftover circle from the shaker as the background! Easy and economical! LOL! The greeting was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink from Thoughtful Words clear stamp set (my new favorite sentiment set!).



Happy Stamping!
Thanks for stopping by,
Monika














No comments: