Friday, December 14, 2018

Sweet as Candy

Hi There! I hope you are having a great weekend so far! It is cold and rainy here in Georgia but that just means staying in and coloring :) I have been making Christmas tags all week so I can finish up my wrapping but today I am taking a break to create a couple more Valentine's Day Cards. I love sending Valentines to all the kiddos in my life so getting started early is a good thing! Otherwise it will sneak up on me!

The cards I have created use the Sweet as Candy Clear Stamp Set and are simple but with some details to add interest.

For the first one, I used my stamping tool. I placed the candies on the bottom half of the card. I stamped them then flipped the card and stamped again to cover the entire card. I colored the candies and the background with Copics and then I created a sentiment by using the Bitty Minnie Alpha Set and other sentiments from the Sweet as Candy Set. I die cut it with a stitched circle die, and popped it up in the middle of the colored background. It is so fun to use the smaller elements of a stamp set to create a bigger part of the card - don't you think?



For my second card, I used red and white scraps from my desk to create a "candy cane - like" background paper. Then on a separate piece of paper, I stamped the bubble gum machine, masked it, and stamped the sentiment in a repeated pattern over it (I used my stamping tool for this too.) I pulled up the mask and colored the image with Copics. Then I die cut it with a rectangle and popped it up in the center of the background paper I made. 



There you have it. Two simple cards with handmade backgrounds - though very different in look and technique. The fun and bright results really make me happy!

I hope you are inspired to create some backgrounds of your own! Thanks for stopping by!

Lyn




No comments: