Friday, January 25, 2019

Candy Hearts Envelope Art

Have you seen the new set from Sweet N sassy called Heart Candy? I thought the candy box would make a great envelope label thus the decision to finally mark something off my "to-try" list. I have been wanting to do some envelope art for a while and finally decided that I was ready to dive in. While it isn't as "artsy" as it was in my mind during the planning stage, it is pretty fun (haha!)
Because I decided to color my “address label” with Copics, I had to stamp it on Copic friendly paper; otherwise I would have stamped it on my envelope and masked it before I decorated my envelope with some distress ink smooshing. I used the solid heart stamp and stamped hearts in the same distress inks (hoping they would blend.)

For fun I did a similar technique on a card base and colored and cut out a few of the conversation hearts to pop up on the card AND I made an extra one to use as a seal for my envelope (I ran it through my Xyron to make it a sticker.)  
This was a lot of fun and it is going to go to my sister’s class – I think they will like getting mail :)
I hope you are inspired to try something from your"to-try" list! Thanks for stopping by!
Lyn

No comments: