Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Punny Valentines | Julee Tilman

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee Tilman, popping in with some inspiration using the new Punny Love stamp set. Isn't this set adorable?



When Korin showed us the artwork for this adorable set, I just knew I had to have it. My boys are totally crazy for waffles, ramen, and puns, so I started out with the I love you a waffle lot image. I colored the waffle with Copics and then picked some papers from my stash to match. Then I did a teeny bit of surgery on my stamp to detach the waffle from the sentiment. I stamped one waffle on the designer paper, then masked it and continued stamping down the column.  The punny image and sentiment are cut with a circle die to finish off this simple valentine.


Next I worked on a Valentine for my hubby. We have a long standing battle over what happens to the person who doesn't pull a new stick of butter from the freezer when they use up the butter in the fridge. So I thought the you're my butter half pun would be perfect for a card for him. I used some rounded rectangle dies to cut the image and designer paper to play on the shape of a butter stick. Classy and not too frilly, I think this will be a perfect manly valentine to give my sweetie.


 Thanks so much for stopping by today. I have four more punny valentines using this set over on my blog today, so hop over there for more inspiration.

No comments: