Friday, February 8, 2019

Forever and Always!

Happy Friday! I can't believe we are in February already. Time is flying and I am madly working on hard on Valentines so I can get them in the mail this weekend. Today's cards are fun additions to the collection!

For your inspiration, I have two cards featuring a new stamp set called Forever and Always. This is a great set with lots of hearts/textures and so many possibilities. I decided to showcase it in two, extremely different ways...

The first card is clean and simple but has some fun features. I cut a postage stamp die cut from a card panel and before I took the cut-out away from the die, I lightly inked the background with distress ink. I stamped the solid heart from the set with Distress Oxide and once it was good and dried, I embossed the sentiment on top of the heart and hand wrote the word "forever" in the bottom corner (so it would look like a US postage stamp.) I die cut the postage stamp in black five times and glued them together and popped my image piece on top. This gives the card dimension as well as  a black "outline" that highlights my "postage stamp".


My second card uses a technique called Joseph's Coat Technique. I inked up some Neenah cardstock with distress inks in pink, red, and yellow. Once it was dry, I clear embossed the hearts (I used all of the hearts in the set) randomly over the inked panel. Then I inked over everything with black soot distress ink. 

Inking it over with black freaked me out at first because I L-O-V-E-D the colors and just the embossed hearts (which looked like tone on tone) was so fun...BUT when I wiped the black ink off the embossed hearts the fun color popped like crazy and it was still awesome! I created a sentiment banner using the words "You have My" from the So Thankful stamp set, then adding a heart to finish the sentence and coordinate with the card theme.


I hope you were inspired today and see just how versatile this sweet set is. While it is perfect for Valentines, I could see it being great for anniversary, or just-because cards too.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Lyn

No comments: