Friday, March 8, 2019

Texture Tiles 4 (x3) - Bee Amazing!

Hi Friends!

Today I have some more fun projects using one stamp (well two really) from Sweet N Sassy creating three looks. The new Texture Tiles 4 makes for some great background and to tie my projects together, I added the bee from Sweet as Honey. Of course I have also used other sets (I will point them out as I go) but these are the focus on all of my projects.

My first project is a mixed media art journal page (in my 6x6 journal). This is my more complex project as it uses the most stash supplies and got me the inky-est :)

Recipe:
  • Background - Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap Melange; Distress Paint in Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon
  • Background stamps - Texture Tiles 1 using Archival Inks Manganese Blue
  • Splatters - White and Black Arcylic Dylusions
  • Corner texture - Tim Holtz Stencil with Black Modeling Paste (TCW)
  • Sentiment (big) God is For You Clear stamp set from SNSS inked with Gina K Black Amalgam Ink, (little) From Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker book.
  • Border Image - Texture Tiles 4 stamped repeatedly around the edges over and over.
  • Bee image from Sweet as Honey stamped with Gina K Black Amalgam and colored with Copics Y17, Y19, Y15 and W0, W1, W3, W5 (with Wink of Stella on wings)- popped up with foam felt and adhered with Multi Matte Medium
  • Highlights added with White gel pen

My Second project is a less complex and uses the four plaid tiles to create "quilty" look.
I used a circle stitched die from Simon Says Stamps and a Circle die from Spellbinders to cut out the image using the out of the box die technique. I added a foam dot under the bee's wings to make them look more dimensional.
Recipe:
  • For the Bee, I used a circle stitched die from Simon Says Stamps and a Circle die from Spellbinders. For the squares, I used square stitched die from Simon Says Stamps and a square die from Spellbinders.
  • Bee image from Sweet as Honey stamped with Gina K Black Amalgam and colored with Copics Y17, Y19, Y15 and W0, W1, W3, W5 (with Wink of Stella on wings).
  • Background Image - Texture Tiles 4 - all four stamped with Gina K Black Amalgam Ink on Neenah Solar White
  • Sentiment - So Thankful
  • My background paper is cut with A Jillian Vance Design Basic Polka Dot Die

My Final Project is a Clean And Simple card on kraft.
Recipe:
  • My rectangles are all cut with A Jillian Vance Design Basic and/or Polka Dot Dies
  • Background Image - Texture Tiles 4 - stamped with Versa Mark for a tone on tone look
  • Bee image from Sweet as Honey stamped with Gina K Black Amalgam and colored with Polychromos pencils. I stamped right on top of the plaid background and colored over it.
  • Sentiment - "Bee" from Sweet as Honey and "Amazing" from Bitty Minnie Alpha
  • I added twine and enamel dots then popped the center panel up with foam felt
I hope you are inspired - see how you can stretch your stamps by trying multiple ways to use it. And no matter what else you do, HAVE FUN!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lyn





No comments: