Saturday, May 18, 2019

Birthday celebration

 Hello! It's Monika here today with couple of birthday cards, using some of the new stamp sets from the May Release.

First up is Happy Couple clear stamp set. I decided this cake doesn't have to be just for weddings... right? So while this card could be a wedding card, it also passes as a birthday card... since I don't have a wedding to go to... The greeting is from Keep in Touch Too clear stamp set


I built my cake out of four layers (plus the bow)... I used thin dimensional tape as I didn't want it to be too bulky... I colored the images with Kuretake Gansai Tambi water colors. The background was made with Purple Twilight Tim Holtz alcohol ink. I had to add my sweet vellum flowers with rhinestones... I just can't seem to tire of them...


On my next card, I used Freedom in Christ and Peony Cluster clear stamp sets from the new release. I used So Happy clear stamp set for BIRTHDAY and an old birthday sentiment set for HAPPY (but Christmas Poinsettia, Birthday Greetings, and Precious Poinsettias have similar word images).The heat embossed vellum flowers were leftovers from my card from the blog hop.


The banner was stamped with a multicolored ink pad (just like the background)... and I couldn't help myself, I had to add my punched vellum flowers. 


I hope I have inspired you to craft today!

Thank you for stopping by!

Monika




























No comments: