Thursday, May 2, 2019

happy couple


Good morning! Today I am sharing two cards using some new Sweet ‘n Sassy stamps from this month’s release. Here I used Happy Couple, Marriage Scripture, and the lovely stamp of the month, Peony Cluster.
 
The layered strip on my first card is a piece of cardstock I found in my stash that I had done the melted crayon technique on almost 20 years ago. I really need to clean out my supplies! lol. Basically, I just placed some crayon shavings (metallic crayons used here) onto my cardstock, sandwiched it between two pieces of wax paper and ironed it. I can't remember if I used regular or glossy cardstock on this piece...experiment! (I did find a quick video for this technique here).
 
 
On the inside, I used stamps from both of the wedding themed sets and kept it a classy black & white.

 
For my second card, I used the pretty peonies from this month's free set to help create the background. They were stamped with Versamark ink to keep them "softer". The cake was popped up with dimensionals.

 
Have a great day!
Diane
 

No comments: