Saturday, May 11, 2019

Patterned paper and stamps

I love patterned papers and I have a lot of paper pads in my stash. I hear a lot of people say that they don't know what to do with all these papers, but I think they're amazing to use with stamps. so I wanted to show you two examples where I used patterned papers in combination with the Girl Power 2 stamp set. It saves me a lot of coloring time and you can get really colorful cards in a quick way.


When I use patterned papers I like to match the colors I use for the stamped images with the papers that I use. So for this one I used pink colors for the image and colored the image with alcohol markers. I added a couple of flower stickers to the card, but the Itty Bitty Blossoms stamp set would be perfect for the flowers too.


For the second card I used the same paper pad and the same colors. There's not a lot of pink in the background but it still matches the image. I distressed the edges of the background with a turquoise ink pad to match the turquoise frame that's around the girl. 


I used the stamp set Girl Power 2.

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/girl-power-2-clear-stamp-set/

I hope you're inspired to create and to combine your stamps with your paper stash :)
- Lucinde

No comments: