Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Sea to Shining Sea

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! Have you seen the fantastic July release? I'm so in love with all the new stamps and cannot pick a favorite! Mermaids, beaches, astronauts, sheep, faith, doodles, oh my! There's definitely something for everyone in this month's release.



I'm an American girl through and through, so had a fun idea to take this darling mermaid from the new Fin-tastic Friends set on a red, white and blue adventure in honor of the approaching Independence Day holiday. Sometimes it's fun to think outside the box with stamps. The beautiful Fin-tastic Friends set has some fabulous sentiments, but it does NOT have a sea to shining sea sentiment. I saw all the pieces and parts I needed in the set.


I used a water based marker (don't try this with Copics 😄) to ink and stamp just the portions I wanted. First the sea from seas the day, and then the to from to say. Next I used the shin and then the ing from the fishing you well sentiment to make the word shining, and I finished with sea again. I often forget how easy it is to modify sentiments this way, but it's super fun and easy.


Next I stamped my little mermaid and colored her in with Copic markers, adding a little scale detailing on her tail portion.  I wanted her to shine, so added some streaks in her hair with a crystal clear lacquer pen and then dusted it with glitter.

The papers are from last year's Land that I Love collection by Pebbles Inc. I cut a few coordinating panels and arranged them to highlight the red white blue and America portions on the background panel.  A few die cut star accents with rhinestones and more lacquer and glitter add even more shine. I loved how it turned out so much, I decided to make it the Mojo Monday 519 Sketch Challenge.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! With such a large release this month, we have TWO earlybird bundles for you! They're at a 10% discount through July 9th. Such a fabulous deal.



And don't forget the fabulous July Stamp of the Month, available exclusively as a FREE gift with a $60 order in the month of July.


Until next time... happy stamping!

No comments: