Tuesday, August 6, 2019

The Cutest Bunny Ever

Hi friends! It's Julee popping in to share what I've been creating with the new August release. The stamps this month are so cute and fun. I just can't even. This bunny in a cup image from Tea for Two has to be the cutest bunny ever. I'm probably biased because I love anything coffee or tea related, but it's pretty cute, right?


So today's card uses the ADORABLE new Tea for Two set. I just can't even with the cuteness of this set. I had previously cut and colored all the images with Copic markers, and I put them to good use on this clean and {sort of} simple card. Lots of white space with a bit of blue I added by blending on some tumbled glass distress oxide and then stamping in the same color with the grid stamp from Texture Tiles 1. This texture set has to be one of my most reached for sets. It's just perfect for adding a subtle hint of something to make your images stand out.
 



The sentiment is die cut with a circle die and then I added one of the sweet little ladybug images to it. Had fun creating a few little clusters of images (aren't those lady bugs adorable?), then finished off with a black mat and a white card base.

Tea for Two Clear Stamp Set

Texture Tiles 1 Clear Stamp Set

My second card uses the gorgeous new August Stamp of the Month Singing Praises. It's available exclusively as a FREE gift with a $75 order during the month of August.

Here, I started by stamping the bird onto smooth bristol cardstock. I then colored him in with Copic markers. Now, I like birds in stamping, but am pretty leery of them in real life. We had an incident a few years ago where a crow decided to make it's nest in the tree right outside our front door and it and it's murder of lookout friends swooped in for the attack every time I went to the mailbox. Since then I have a healthy respect for these winged creatures and keep my distance! That said, I have no idea what kind of bird this is, but I picked some colors I thought would look nice and went to my happy coloring place!


After I was done coloring, I masked him off and blended distress oxides to make a sky, splattering a bit of white paint around for a bit of texture. The Psalm 17:8 verse is stamped on a circle die cut and then blended with the same distress oxides and matted on a white circle. I tucked the sentiment under the shadow of his wings to go with the verse. Then I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the flowers and added them to the branch. The base of my card is embossed with the 3D Lumber Texture Fade and blended with gathered twigs and early espresso inks.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope your day is sweet!

No comments: