Friday, September 13, 2019

Deck The Halls!

Today I have some super fun projects using the new Deck the Halls set!

During the September "new stamp" reveal on the SNSS VIP Facebook Page (join if you haven't already - it is lots of fun!), we were all talking about how one of the ornaments looked liked a hot air balloon and another looked like a light bulb...



In the hopes of inspiring you to look at your stamps in different ways, I have colored this one up and used it in ways other than the standard one. I hope you like them!

The first two cards are at least Christmas themed (haha!) For these, I used the ornament as an "O" in the word JOY. It is a fun way to use Alphas in combination with images. The Alphas for this one are from the Shake It Off Alphas set. I used Distress Oxides to color these.


The second card uses the argyle ornament. I flipped it over and masked the circle hanger. I drew a basket in with a Copic Multiliner and colored everything with Copics. I added a sentiment from the Inspirational Word Art set (on sale this month!)


Finally, I created two project with the plain ornament turned over with the circle hanger masked off and the bottom of a light bulb hand drawn in with a Copic Multiliner.
The first project is a CAS card with lots of sparkle and shine (via Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents). The sentiment is from the Be Unique set (perfect isn't it!)


The second one is a journaling card for my compact Bible. I used Texture Tiles 1 on the card's background. PS and by the way, if you get no other texture set, I highly recommend this one - I use it all of the time!

To finish my journaling car, I cut out the bulb and adhered it and added the sentiment (sorry! this sentiment came from an old set called Shining Light) 


I hope you are looking at all your sets in new ways - it makes them new again which is a win in my book! I can't wait to see what you do with these ornaments!

Thanks for stopping by! Hop over to the store to check out the Sweet and Sentimental Sale!
Lyn

No comments: