Saturday, September 21, 2019

Give Thanks

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee Tilman popping in this fine Saturday morning to share a couple of the creations I've been working on this month.


Both cards today feature the gorgeous Give Thanks set. I love the leaf imagery in this set. I started by smooshing some Shimmerz inks onto watercolor cardstock, then embossed the leaves in copper over the smooshed background and fussy cut. I then created a simple backdrop by inking up a long acrylic block with coordinating distress oxide inks and then spritzing with water and stamping onto the watercolor paper. I left the block in place with something heavy on it for 5 minutes to make sure I'd get a vibrant transfer of ink.


Once this was dry, I embossed the sentiment from Keep in Touch, Too in white on the panel and cut down to pop up on my card base. I then layered the leaves in a falling formation to finish off the card.

For my second card, I used the rest of the smooshed background leaves I had embossed and fussy cut, adding a bit more vibrancy by spraying with more of the Shimmerz inks.  I tucked in a few leafy sprig die cuts painted in copper and a bit of enamel dots for accent.  The sentiment is from the beautiful Inspirational Word Art 1 stamp set.

If you haven't shopped our Sweet & Sentimental Sale, you should definitely check it out. Both of the sentiment sets I used today, along with a whole host of other stamp sets are included in the sale. The more you buy the more you save!




Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

MariLynn said...

Julee, these are amazing creations. I really love how the second card looks. Blessings.

Denise Bryant said...

These are so pretty! Gorgeous fall colors!