Friday, October 25, 2019

Fall Is In The Air!

Fall is finally here! The weather is finally a little cooler and the leaves are starting to change colors - I love it!

Today's cards are perfectly fall and so much fun! We have a Remix - a  FALL Remix called - Autumn Splendor. I created some "falling leaves" layouts using two different papers and different mediums to see what the differences would produce - they both make me smile out loud and I can't decide which one I prefer!

The first card is a one layer card using Neenah Dessert Storm (kraft). The leaves were colored with Polychromos pencils which are so wonderful on kraft. The colors just pop! I tried to create some dimension with shadows. It was a fun challenge and I am really happy 
with the results.


My second card uses Canson watercolor paper, Brushos, and a Falling Leaves Stencil for a background panel and then for the focal point, I colored up the leaves with Inktense pencils for a watercolor look.



These were fun! I hope you are inspired to test out different papers and mediums and see what happens!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lyn


No comments: