Saturday, October 5, 2019

Grateful Heart

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee Tilman here, popping in to share a couple of cards with the October Stamp of the Month: Grateful Heart.


Grateful Heart is a sweet remix of images from a retired set by Korin with a few new sentiments I designed sprinkled in. For my first card, I went for a traditional Thanksgiving card using the cornucopia image from the set. I remember in 2nd grade making a "stained glass" cornucopia project with aluminum foil, saran wrap, and markers. Ever since then I get delighted every time I see a cornucopia, so I had to start with this image!


I colored it with Copic markers, then highlighted with glossy accents and glitter for a little shine.  This panel is matted with brown cardstock and the corners rounded.  I did a similar treatment with the Thanksgiving Blessings sentiment and then finished with some patterned paper from my stash.


For this next card, I strayed just a bit from traditional colors, adding in a bit of aqua. I love all the aqua and sage fall decor I've been seeing, so colored this fall bouquet with  an aqua flower and bow.  The background for the card is a sage patterned paper that I stenciled with a ledger stencil then used distress inks to shade the edges.  I added a bit of patterned paper for interest and some lace trim.  Each of my focal circles is matted with a vellum scallop circle. I love the soft look to it.


Since Grateful Heart is our stamp of the month, it's available for purchase right now. Or you can get it for free with a $75 order (after discounts and before shipping) in the month of October. Don't miss the rest of the October release, coming on Monday, October 7!

1 comment:

mamawcindy said...

Your cards are so pretty, Love the second one. Love the paper you used and the ribbon. Just gorgeous!!!