Monday, November 25, 2019

Fur-Ever Friends

Today I am playing with the Fur-Ever Friends Set. I have a clean and simple card and I finally got the opportunity to try my hand at a faith-dex card. It was really fun and I will definitely be making more of them!

The card is a one layer card.

I doodled a border and popped the squirrel in the middle as well as the sentiment from the set. I used some warn gray Copics and used a dot technique for the body.

Here is the faith-dex card:

This one uses Neenah Dessert Storm (kraft). I used a direct to paper technique with my Distress Ink Pads (I explain it in THIS POST). Then I used the entire sheet of Faith Wordfetti Sentiment stamps like a background/texture stamp using the darker ink color. While it was drying, I colored the deer and one of the mushrooms with Copics, fussy cut them and glued them on. I added two of the sentiments and to the back I added the verse from l Peter 4:11:
  • Whoever serves, [let him do it] as one who serves by the strength which God supplies – in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
When I looked this verse up I found the following note and it really made me think about how I used my gifts… Therefore, I decided it needed to be my first faith-dex card.
  • This passage is part of Peter’s teaching on how Christians should love each other “strenuously” (1 Peter 4:8). He has urged us to offer hospitality without grumbling. Believers are to see all that we have as gifts from God, available to be used for serving each other.
These were fun! I hope you are inspired to try out these faith-dex cards or just try a new technique!.

Thanks for stopping by!
Lyn

No comments: