Friday, December 20, 2019

Winter Hugs

Hi sweet friends! It's Julee popping in to share a few new creations with the ADORABLE Winter Hugs set. Seriously, could these polar bears and penguins be any cuter? I think they'd make for some sweet little Valentines, too. (And now I have to go try out that idea! 😄


I started with these sweet little penguins. They are the happiest little dudes, don't you think? I colored them with Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush markers, which seem to be my medium of choice of late. I've had them for years, but am just now actually taking the time to get to know how they work, which is entirely unlike Copics! Anyhow, I used a glitter brush pen to blend them out, so they are SPARKLY! Once I was finished, I fussy cut the images, then hand trimmed a little slope from white cardstock for the snow bank.


Next I worked on the background, sponging tumbled glass, faded jeans and chipped sapphire inks, then dripping on some water and blotting off.  I then stamped the snowflakes randomly in the background and intended to emboss with white embossing powder, but accidentally pulled out the clear instead.  I do like how it turned out, though. The clear picked up on soem of the lighter blues and left a nice iridescent sheen.  I finished with the sentiment embossed in white (got it right this time!) and then layered it all together and added a few grey shading areas with copics to the snow.


My next card was super simple.  I found a pad of paper at Michael's a few weeks back that had polar bears and penguins, so I just cut a piece of that donw to card size for the background.  Next I used a journaling card from prima, rounding the corners and matting with silver cardstock.  I then colored the sitting polar bear and fussy cut to pop up and finished with a bit of silver cord. Easy breezy beautiful!


Well, that's all from me today! I h ope you have a super day! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: