Friday, January 17, 2020

Sweet Sweet Valentines!

I am just beginning my Valentine making month - I am not sure when I started this but I think I am a better Valentine sender than Christmas card sender. I send them to all my kiddos (and my mamaw haha) so they can get happy mail.

Today's cards feature the brand new LOTS OF LOVE stamp from Sweet N Sassy. These stamp images are so sweet and so adorable! I have them all colored up on my desk just needing to be fussy cut and put on  a card. Every time I look at one, I think it is my favorite and then I look at another and think it is my favorite. I just can't decide! Can they all be my favorite?

My First card is a clean and simple card. Since I love CAS but sometimes fear all the white spaces, I decided to cheat and use a Valentine embossing folder on the background. Then I fussy cut the kitty (colored with polychromos colored pencils) popped it on the panel with some fun foam and rounded the corners for a finishing touch. Easy Peasy!
SNSS Lots of Love 1 copy

My second today uses the Pig (I think this is really my favorite. :)  For this card, I used some fun designer paper for the background. That's twice this week I have used designer paper - if only the stash would dwindle (sigh))! I fussy cut and adhered the pig (colored with Copics) onto the corner - going for the bottom third look... I added a sentiment from the oh-so-awesome LOVE WORDFETTI set. For the finishing touch on this card, I used 2 warm grays shades and created shadows for the piggy on the DP. This is a simple step that really adds to the look I think.
SNSS Lots of Love 2

Well, I hope you are inspired today!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lyn

2 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Adorable Valentines! I love the kitty and the pig!

sharon g said...

I LOVE THE PIG! The kitty is sweet, too, but the celebratory pig is too cute!