Saturday, April 18, 2020

Thinking of You

Hello Sweet 'n Sassy friends! Today I am sharing a card I made for the April Sweet 'n Sassy VIP Group challenge on Facebook. We would love to have you join us and play along!

I used Peony Cluster and the brand new April Stamp of the Month Friendship is a Blessing. I stamped the floral image onto Canson XL watercolor paper using VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. I then colored the image with a variety of pink, coral and green inks, continuing to add layers until I was happy with it. Once it was dry, I colored a light blue all around the image and die cut the panel. I stamped the sentiment from Friendship is a Blessing on the front of a gray panel and dry embossed with a honeycomb embossing folder. I must confess, I have a little addiction to using the honeycomb folder. I especially love it with floral images! Finally, I attached the honeycomb panel to the card base, popped the floral panel up with foam tape and added a couple of sequins.









Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!

Karen

1 comment:

Susan Lee Rose said...

What was the die you used for the Peony part of the card? I've been trying to find one similar. Thank you!