Saturday, June 6, 2020

Dazzling Dahlia No Color Cards

Hello everyone, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps has just released seven brand new stamp sets! One of the new sets is the gorgeous Dazzling Dahlia! The flower is huge! I knew it was big, but it didn't dawn on me just how big until it arrived. It is gorgeous all colored up, but sometimes we just need a quicker card. So, I decided to showcase some ways to use this flower without coloring it.


My first card was inspired by some red and white cards I saw on Instagram recently. They were so striking and I knew I wanted to try it out with this new set. I found a piece of red pattern paper in my stash and paired it with real red ink. I stamped the flower onto a slightly off white card base and stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of the same cardstock. I die cut along the edge of the pattern paper with a scallop edge die. Next, I popped the pattern paper piece up with foam tape along the top edge. Finally, I punched two holes in the sentiment strip, tied some red string into a bow and popped up along the left edge.



For my second card, I wanted to do a variation of my first card. I started by finding a scrap of pretty pattern paper and coordinating cardstock. I settled on garden green and matching ink. I heat embossed the flower on the green panel with Versamark and white embossing powder. I decided to die cut the green panel and mount on the same card base as my first card. I stamped the sentiment from Sentimental Mash-up in green ink and assembled in the same way as above.




So there you have it, two quick and easy cards using the gorgeous Dazzling Dahlia. Love this flower!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fantastic day!

Karen

No comments: