Saturday, June 20, 2020

Ink Shaded Pattern Paper

I recently came across a video using a technique called Ink Shaded Pattern Paper. I thought it would be great to try out with the new Dazzling Dahlia set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.


I started by finding some coordinating pattern paper and ink that would work for blending with them. Then I used garden green and pumpkin pie ink to blend over the top of the pattern paper. I stamped the flower and leaves in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink on them and fussy cut out.

I dry embossed the Kraft panel with a honeycomb folder and then die cut with a stitched rectangle die. I stamped the sentiment from Encouraging Thoughts and cut out with a  stitched sentiment strips die. I assembled as seen and added black enamel dots to finish. This pattern paper is actually quite bold, but blending a coordinating ink over it gave it a more subdued look while allowing the pattern to still show through. I really like how it turned out!



Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fantastic day!

Karen


No comments: