Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Roses for Days!

Hello Everyone! 

Have you checked out July's release?  Yes, I did say July!  How can that be???  I happen to be in Florida right now, visiting my parents.  I feel like once I get home, I am going to blink and the summer will be over. 
Anyway, back to the new stamps.  True Beauty.  It IS a beauty!  So versatile! 

My first card was super fun to make.  I really did not even plan it out; I was crafting with a friend and it just happened, lol.  I may need to craft with her more often! 


This was so so simple; I did not even put the image on a stamp block!  I used the rose image in the bottom right hand corner.  I simply inked up the stamps with distress inks to create an ombre design. 


Once the background was done, I stamped a butterfly from the Made New Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copics.
The butterfly was grounded with a sprig of leaves die cut from vellum, as well as a sentiment strip in black.  The sentiment is from the Sentimental Mash Up Set ( I love this set!) and is heat embossed in white embossing powder. 
This next card came out of that same crafting session~


This time I used the solid rose image and the outline rose image.  I stamped the outline first, and then, using my MISTI, I inked up the solid image, using two different colors of distress inks on each rose.  Then, using some very simple masking, I stamped the outlines of the leaves followed by stamping the solid leaves, again, using two different colors of green distress inks.  I die cut the rose panel with a scallop frame die and popped the frame up on dimensional adhesive.  The sentiment, from the Mason Jar Bouquet Stamp Set, was heat embossed with white embossing powder.

And lastly, a more typical card, at least for me- there is Copic coloring!

 
I did some no line coloring this time, using the outline rose image again.  The image was stamped with Antique Linen Distress Ink on Neenah Solar White cs and then colored with Copics markers. 
After fussy cutting the flower out, I went to work on the background panel. 
A stencil and some Coloringz spray is all that was used for the background.  And that sprig of leaves pops up again, this time die cut from white cardstock.  'Hello' is stamped in a yellowish green ink that looks more black here than irl. 
That's it for me!  I hope I have inspired you to just PLAY with this set!  I promise you, you will love it. 


Thanks for visiting!

Lee Ann 

No comments: