Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Looking Back on the September Release

 Hello, Hello!

Well, here we are, the last day of September!  Can you believe it!?  Before you know it Thanksgiving and then Christmas will be here.  

Christmas.  September has been all about Christmas!  I simply love this month's release.  Let's take a look at Vintage Van.  What a versatile set this is! Christmas, birthday, Fall.  It covers it all!  


I opted for the fall version of the van for this card.  I started by stamping the van in Versafine Onyx Black Ink and then watercolored it.  I used trees from the Scene Silhouettes-Trees Stamp Set and inked them up with distress inks shades of fall.  The foreground was done with distress inks as well; I smooshed them onto my craft mat and then used them to watercolor.   The leaves in the very front most foreground is stamped in the same color as the ground; the image is from the Falling Leaves Stamp Set.  Once I was done with finishing up little details here and there, I place the panel in the MISTI and stamped the sentiment, from the Fall Remix-Autumn Splendor Stamp Set in Versafine Black Ink.  A hemp twine bow finishes it off. 

Next up, the adorable gnomes.  

I went for a very simple look on this card with a very muted color palette.  I started with the igloo image from the Winter Hugs Stamp Set


I stamped it in a light grey, then masked it off and stamped the gnome.  Everything was colored in neutral shades of Copics with a pop of red added.  The igloo was even decorated for Christmas with the wreath from the Vintage Van Stamp Set.  'Peace on Earth' is also from Vintage Van.  

Next up, the gorgeous sentiment set, Holiday Greetings.  


The pine branch was stamped in various shades of green distress ink and was spritzed some with water to get the ink moving.  The branch is from the Christmas Pine Stamp Set.  Next I stamped the ornament from the Deck the Halls Stamp Set.  Initially I tried some no line watercoloring, but thankfully I had left the stamp in the MISTI so I was able to restamp in Versamark ink and heat emboss in gold when I decided the no line look did not work for this card.  

Once again I used the wreath from the Vintage Van Stamp Set and heat bossed it in the center of the ornament.  It was the perfect size! 

Lastly, I added layers of blues and greens in the background.  The sentiment was heat embossed in gold ep.  

That's it for me! I hope I have inspired you to get out your September stamps and play a little!  


Lee Ann 

No comments: