Saturday, November 21, 2020

Christmas Blessings

Happy Saturday everyone! I'm sharing this Christmas card that I actually started last month but never got around to completing it. To be honest, it only got finished because I needed a card for today's blog post and it was already halfway done. When life gets really busy I'm always grateful I have half finished projects in my stash. 

Today's card showcases four sets, Welcome HomeChristmas Wordfetti, Deck the Halls and Christmas Pine. Have you guys ever bought a stamp set because you had one idea to use it? Well that was me with the Deck the Halls set. Ever since the release of Welcome Home I kept wondering if the houses would fit inside the ornament from Deck the Halls. Guess what? There was only one way to find out so I bought the set. Of course, I will make other cards with it too, but that was my justification for purchasing it. Someone had to figure out if my idea would work or not so it might as well be me. 

 


 

I started by stamping the ornament with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. I stamped the house, roof and trees with distress oxides inks (broken china, mowed lawn, fossilized amber). I colored the windows yellow, top of the ornament silver (gel pen) and fussy cut out. Then, I stamped the pine boughs with evergreen and parsley inks onto white cardstock and cut with a stitched rectangle die. That's as far as I got last month until I picked it up again this week.

This week I stamped the fence, trees and houses along the bottom with evergreen, wheat, midnight and cranberry inks. I stamped the sentiment with the same black ink as the ornament. I positioned the ornament, looped the sliver thread through the top and attached to the back. I matted the white layer onto black and attached to a green card base. 

 


 

 

These two sets below are part of the Sentiments & Silhouettes Sale going on though November 26th.




 

I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks so much for stopping by!

Karen




 

 

No comments: