Thursday, January 7, 2021

big cups

Good morning! I hope you are having a good start to the new year! Today I am sharing two projects using the new Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps set called I Like Big Cups. It's a fun and very versatile set for all your coffee/tea/cocoa lovers!

This past year I sadly fell short in making Christmas cards. I always start in January and hope to make some each month but usually let it drop at some point until later in the year. I'm hoping to stick with it better this year! To get started, I paired a sentiment from Christmas Gnomes with the big to-go cup (paper-pieced of course!). The cup cards are perfect to include a gift card for a local coffee or donut shop.


My second card was made with a simple fold to tuck one of those gift cards into. I scored a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of cardstock @ 3 1/2 and 7 3/4. Then I trimmed a little off and punched the edge to get the size of pocket I wanted. And yes, I paper pieced another cup...my fave technique! Here I used another new set for the sentiment, Coffee Talk 2.


The sides of the pocket could be adhered with glue or double sided tape but I simply used two tiny staples.


Have a great day!
Diane





 

No comments: