Saturday, January 9, 2021

How to Make a Circle Shaped Card

 Happy Saturday Stampers!

This is Michelle here from East Bay Stamp Chick with another fun card. Today's card is a circle shaped card. Have you ever made one before? They're pretty easy. Let me show you how I did it.



This card measures 4.25 circle and opens on the left side just like a regular card.

To make the base for this card I used a circle die that was 4.25 inch diameter. I took a pre-folded A2 card base from my stash and lined up the die so part of it hung over the fold.
You can see in this photo how the die over hangs on the fold side. This will leave part of the card connected and won't cut it into 2 unconnected circles. This creates your base.


Next I cut a background circle with the same die. Mine is in a silver glitter cardstock. I glued it to the card base.

In this photo, you can see the back of the card. The base has the flat area where the circles are attached. You can also see the edge of a completed circle which is my glitter cardstock. By doing this when you look at the card from the front all you see is a complete circle with no flat spot. The flat area is hidden from the front.

Here is close up. From the front it's a complete circle.


So what fun stamp sets did I use to create this card? That giant snowflake in the back is from the Spectacular Snowflakes Stamp set. The coffee cup is from the new I Like Big Cups. I used the smaller snowflakes from the same set as the giant snowflake to stamp on the coffee cup. And the sentiment comes from the Mini Grunge Type Alpha. I added some paper streamer and sequins from my stash to complete the card. The snowflake is heat embossed in white.


Here is a closer look at the stamp sets.






I hope you find some time this weekend to get crafty. If you do make sure you share it with us. And let me know if you try a circle card!
Happy Stamping!




 

 

No comments: