Friday, January 1, 2021

Hello 2021!

 Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! Julee here, and I'm so excited to be sharing the first post of 2021. I always love new beginnings, and today's new release is themed around two of my favorite things... coffee and happy mail! That's right, there are three new coffee themed sets, and if you know me, you know I had to use them all at once for my first card of the new year!


The cups from I Like Big Cups are awesome! They're large, open, and fit the fabulous sentiments from Coffee Talk 2! I am flooded with ideas for these sets. Add in background stamps from the new Texture Tiles 9 set and you have a trifecta of coffee loving goodness!

I started with the cup and saucer image from I Like Big Cups, coloring with Copic markers, then adding the cream lines to the inside of the cup, and then stamping the But first... coffee sentiment from Coffee Talk 2 on the front of the cup. The image is fussy cut.  One trick I've learned for mugs with handles is just to cut the top handle completely off at the intersecting line with the cup, then it's easy to cut the inner portion of the handle, and you can glue back the top of the handle and no one knows the difference!



The background is done with stamps from the awesome new Texture Tiles 9 set.  I love these backgrounds with splatters and coffee rings! I used light and dark brown inks for stamping on the cream colored cardstock, then blended with brown distress oxides.  I finished with a dark brown matt and a seam binding bow. Such a super fun trio of stamp sets!

Be sure to check out the whole release in the shop today! If you find you need them all, there's an Early Bird Bundle that includes six of the sets. The bundle price qualifies you for the January Stamp of the Month set, Happy Mail for free. Just add it to your cart and the discount will apply. And you're order will also qualify for free shipping! Woohoo!


 Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous start to this shiny new year!

***This post contains affiliated links at no cost to you ***

No comments: