Thursday, February 18, 2021

Alleluia

 Hello! Yesterday I posted a few cards with the Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps Alleluia Lilies and Alleluia Lilies Dies for the blog hop. If you missed the hop, be sure to check it out. Today I have another card with this pretty set. When I was creating with it, something reminded me of the old Faux Cloisonne Technique I learned many years ago and I set out to try it again. The original technique was to heat emboss the image with gold powder on glossy magazine pages and layer it onto black cardstock. Well, I couldn't find a magazine page that I liked so I used patterned paper. Then I decided to add some layers on the black...so in the end, it ended up a variation of the technique but I still liked the results. :)

To try the FAUX CLOISONNE TECHNIQUE: gather some colorful, glossy magazine pages.  Stamp a detailed image with Versamark ink on both the black cardstock and the magazine pages.  Heat emboss with gold embossing powder.  Cut out portions of the image on the magazine pages and adhere on top of the image on the black cardstock.


I added a layer of gold paper to accent the gold embossing and some black rhinestones to match the card base. The word was embossed in black. It's fun to revisit old techniques as well as learn something new. Whether you've tried this before or not, I hope it inspires you to create something!


Have a great day!

Diane

  

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I appreciate all your ideas. The Lily stamp and I said is one of my favorites. Beautiful cards