Thursday, March 18, 2021

fern background

Good morning! Today I have 2 cards in which I used the March Stamp of the Month: Fern Background, along with Garden Whimsy and Happy Day. For the white border on my first card and the die cut center on the second one, I also used Bookmarks & More Dies.

The fern stamp makes such a pretty background and I love it in purple! I definitely need to make more purple cards! I embossed a little texture on the black layer and colored the flowers with Copic markers. 


The second card turned out bright and fun. I blended a few colors of Distress ink and stamped the ferns on top. The panel was cut down and layered onto a horizontal gate-fold card. I used a die from Bookmarks & More Dies to cut a window in the center. (I lined it up, cut one side, then lined it back up and cut the other side.) A left-over strip from the background was adhered to the left side of the card. The dragonfly was stamped onto another piece of ink-blended cardstock. This time I added a bit of blue.


The card opened...I added the scrap pieces that were die cut from the front panel to the inside.


Have a great day!
Diane







No comments: