Wednesday, April 7, 2021

A Mother's Love by Charmaine Canham


 I am so very excited to be on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog for the very first time as a fellow design team member. I hope to share some of my love of creating with you on a more frequent basis. If you have any questions, leave me a comment and let me know how I can help!

 With Mother's Day fast approaching, this Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp, A Mother's Love, is just perfect for this card I envisioned. This stamp is versatile and can be used for birthdays, baby showers, or an "I love you, Mom" card.

I love silhouette-type images, and the mom and baby stamp just spoke to me. I created the card using a nested die set that I have had forever and white and black scraps of cardstock in my stash. If you don't have this specific nested die, use any other shape like an oval or stitched rectangles.

The main image was stamped with Altenew Obsidian Black ink and clear embossed with Ranger Clear embossing powder. Remember to use your embossing buddy before embossing anything.   Use the smallest die and cut the image. 


Cut a piece of white heavy cardstock with a larger die from the set. Since I know that I want the sentiment and some of the card to match, I "colored" this cardstock that will go right under the mom and baby. Use Versamark Watermark stamp pad or any clear "tacky" ink that will stay wet longer and stamp/apply to the cardstock. Heat emboss this piece with WOW Metallic Copper Super Fine embossing powder. Wait for it to cool down before placing double-sided foam tape above and under the cardstock. Adhere the mom and baby to the top.

The sentiment was heat embossed with the same WOW embossing powder and placed on a banner die from SSS, or was it MFT? Place this on double-sided foam tape as well. 

The black background was made by using a pierced cover plate with detailed stitching for a sophisticated look. Place all of this on a top folding A2-sized card and you are done. This card can easily be modified with a pink or blue hue instead of the classic white and black look. 

I hope you liked today's card and find more pretty stamps over at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

See you soon!

Charmaine @ CharCards

Follow me over on Facebook and Instagram for almost daily inspiration.

                                      ***This post contains affiliated links at no cost to you ***

No comments: