Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Whimsical Wishes by Charmaine Canham

 Good Morning!

Spring is here, and everything is starting to get back to life!
Today I have a fun and fluttery card that is sure to lift your spirits!


I am using the Garden Whimsy Stamp Set today with a few other mixed media elements.


I start with randomly water coloring a page using Ecoline watercolor, blue and pink, and dry. Next, I white heat emboss the butterfly onto the watercolor page. Cut out, and set aside.

In creating the background, I start with a cloud builder and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide.
 Fill the whole page with clouds. 


I love playing with different mediums to create textures. That is why I love
The Crafter's Workshop's Light and Fluffy Modeling paste. 



You can smear it through a stencil, heat it for more dimension, and even watercolor it like I did here.
 I heat set it here before I painted it with watercolor and a green  Posca Pen. 




This month we released Everyday Greetings 2, and I used the Best Wishes sentiment for the top right. Make sure to rub the stamp with your fingers before you use it. That removes the film on all new stamps and will ensure that the stamp picks up enough ink. 



I heat embossed this WOW Gold Super Fine embossing powder. Place double-sided foam on the bottom of the body only; this will give the wings "motion" and freedom to move.


To give the card a more whimsical look, I used a Micron 0.1mm pen and added a
frame with doodles all around it.



I hope you liked today's card and enjoy a little whimsy today!!


Butterfly wishes, 
Charmaine




No comments: