Friday, May 27, 2022

Faith-dex Card: Pray without Ceasing

 Happy Friday! Today I have a kind of simple but really beautiful faith-dex card.

I used a Heidi Swapp faith-dex die cut and the new Pray Without Ceasing set. While I love the bigger sentiments for their versatility in card making, I really love the more wordfetti type sentiments as they are so comforting. My favorite is "He bends down to listen." It makes me think of a father getting right down on the same level as his child to make sure he is present in the conversation and the child knows he is there, listening, and ready to act as needed. This one really gets me in the feels!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is snss-pray-without-ceasing-1.png



I used water color paper to cut out my card, I used the blending brushes on my desk with the Mosaic Stencil - I didn't add ink to them just used what was left from other projects. I used Distress Oxides to stamp up my wordfetti in in a reverse rainbow and then I felt it was too simple (haha) so I dug through my stack of already colored images and found a leaf set from Botanical Branches which I cut apart to balance up my card. On the back, I added a scripture from the Pray Without Ceasing set for me to memorize:
1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

I love how this turned out. It isn't my usual bright color set which is a nice change. I hope you are inspired! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Lyn

No comments: