Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fun With Images, Dies, and Numbers

**Looking for our Christmas in July Blog Hop?  Check out this post for all the information on our Christmas stamp sale, new sets available for purchase, and details on how YOU can play along with us!**

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a butterfly card. Hopefully you are not tired of them yet. I just can't seem to put my New Beginnings clear stamp set and New Beginnings Butterfly die set away!  A must have in every craft room if you ask me!

As you can see, I used a number of stamp sets along with the butterfly: Nature Silhouettes, Kindness (quote), Vintage Postcard (5c), and Ticket Sentiments. Don't be afraid of mixing up your images. It's so much fun to play around with the different sets and styles.

Other than stamps, I also love playing with dies... and Sweet 'n Sassy now has a nice selection of fabulous dies that are made in the USA. I used the brand new Decorative Plaque dies along with Pennants & More (ticket), and Heart die set.

My favorite way of using the butterfly image is stamping it on vellum, and on regular card stock (after die-cutting the images). The 2 layers are just perfect together.


The little ticket tag slides out and it can hold a special message. I just made sure that I didn't glue the coral panel and plaque down all the way.


The fun sketch came from The Sweet Stop, SSS 168. We have a spin on our sketch this week: fun with numbers (I dry embossed my background designer paper with a Tim Holtz/Sizzix plate and brayered brown ink on top)... and we also have a PRIZE! Check it out!

Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy your weekend!
Monika

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is gorgeous, Monika!

Bridget said...

Monika, couldn't agree more about the New Beginnings set and dies - and your card showcases both BEAUTIFULLY!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

A beautiful card! I love the colors and the layout is so creative! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane