Monday, March 3, 2014

Elaina name frame

Good morning! We are gearing up for another new release so be sure to check the store on Friday!  
Today, though, I have a project to share that I recently made for a baby shower gift.  I used lots of Sweet 'n Sassy products to create a fun name frame to match the baby's nursery décor.


This is one of those projects that looks much cuter in person!  It's so hard to photograph without getting a glare from the glass and it's difficult to see the dimension with embossing and foam dots.  I have a few close ups to see it better.

The nursery is decorated with owls, so I used the Owl Be Here stamp set.  I didn't have a die large enough for the size of branch I needed so I cut my own.  Then I embossed it with a woodgrain embossing folder and sponged it with ink.


The flowers were diecut with the SNSS Kindness dies and accented with the Small Leaves.  I also diecut the Clouds and Sun with SNSS dies and the sun was accented with one of the Stars Dies.  The butterfly is from the Majestic Monarchs dies and the banner flags are from the Pennants & More dies.  Lastly, I added a single heart from the Heart Dies.


One of my favorite parts is the embossed clouds!


Besides owls, the nursery has some paisley so I made sure to add a paisley cloud.  I couldn't help but to sneak in some tiny embossed hearts too!


I hope this inspires you to create some framed art of your own.  I sure had fun creating this one!  I almost changed my name so I could keep it.  ;)

Have a blessed week, friends!
♥ Diane

5 comments:

Kelly L said...

oh my goodness, this is SO, SO pretty! Great job! :)

Donna Whitten said...

So very cute and colorful!

Korin said...

This is so fantastic!!! Just amazing!

Marlena M. said...

This is absolutely precious, thank you so much for the inspiration Diane!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun shower gift. Love the different images and dies you used. Such a sweet and cute scene!