Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Grandmother's Garden

Hello Everyone!

Despite the weather, I think everyone is thinking spring right about now.  I have a sneak peek for you of a wonderful new set that is all about spring!  When I saw these new stamps, I immediately thought about vintage images of flowers and gardens or something you might find sitting on your grandmother's kitchen table.  I took the vintage idea further and colored my rose in neutral vintage tones with Copics.


The rose was fussy cut out and then adhered to another rose image that was stamped on patterned paper.  The rest of the card is just a matter of textures and layers, using an embossing folder, banner, lace, doily and the Scallop Border Dies.  I added a pop of color with the button.  The sentiment is from the Treasured Stamp Set; Mother's Day will be here before we know it!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you can join us for the March Release this Friday, March 7th!

Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)


5 comments:

Kitty said...

Your card is beautiful

Kathleen

Janeen said...

Oh my word!! That IS the most GORGEOUS thing i've ever seen done with a stamped Rose image... it does something to my heart!! Thank you for showing us that. I have been making sympathy cards lately and how wonderful this will be to CASE. thank you thank you

Jean Bullock said...

Oh I love this. I must try something like this. How inspirational!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Lee Ann. That rose is beautiful.

Ava Gavloski said...

lovely card