Friday, July 8, 2011

Lending a Helping Hand by Neva

Hi all.  I hope everyone is having a fabulous Summer.  This is such a fun seasons for our family.  We grill, swim, and just spend time together like this past Monday for the July 4th holiday. 

I have a darling image to share with you today from an acrylic stamp set just released  called "HELPING HAND".  Haven't we all been in a situation where we needed an extra hand to help do something?  I know I have.  I used this same image for last Friday's challenge over at SplitCoastStampers to Celebrate July with any holiday for the month.  My choice was July 4th is also National Country Music Day, Who knew?  Since I love country music and this image how could I resist, anyway the song I chose to pair with this darling image was "The Chain of Love" by Clay Walker.  Now this song talks about when someone helps you out, pay it back by helping someone else out and don't break the chain.  How kewl is that and is that message not perfect for this image?   Can't you just see that little bird bringing that mouse a berry to eat after he get's that drop of water he needed?  I love it.

This is also for today's FREE 4 ALL CHALLENGE # 72 - The Good Old Summertime and today's QUEEN FOR THE DAY # 68 - Rox71. Yeah! Rox is truely an inspiration. I chose to CASE her SPRING DUCKIES changing the layout, colors and image but kept with the fun critters in unusual places.
OK onto this creation. I used white cardstock for my focal image panel and stamped the image in momento tuxedo black then colored with copics: B32, BG70 & 72, YG0000, 00,& 01, N1, 3, 5, & 7.  My dp is from DCWV - Cafe Mediterrian.  I added a drop of crystal effects on the drop of water and some stickles to the flower centers, leaves, and the birds feathers.  My focal panel is matted on taken with teal cs and the sentiment is stamped in taken with teal.  
I hope you like what I have for you.  You can find this fabulous stamp set at SWEET N SASSY STAMPS Store.
Drop back in tomorrow for another fabulous project from one of our fantastic Design Team Members.

No comments: