Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pretty Poinsettias

Happy Saturday to you all!  I hope you've had a wonderful week.  My card sample for today uses the newly released clear stamp set Poinsettias.  When I was very young, I would sit for hours with my crayons and coloring books...I still love coloring to this day.  I decided to get out those crayons again and play!


The background was made by melting red, pink, and white crayons on a hot iron and swiping the iron across a piece of glossy card stock.  The postcard sentiment from the Vintage Postcard set was stamped in Archival Ink and the whole panel embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  After stamping the poinsettias several times, a white crayon was used to add highlights to each of the petals.  Distress inks were then sponged over the leaves and petals.  The wax of the crayon resisted the inks leaving white highlights.  Some of the poinsettias were cut out and popped up giving the card dimension.  The layout used for my card was the sketch challenge this week over at Splitcoaststampers.  Hope you like my card and feel encouraged to take out those crayons and have some fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by...have a blessed day!

Hugs,
Cathymac

3 comments:

Beate said...

That's one gorgeous card!
Hugs and smiles

Mary K said...

So love how you combined these two stamp sets...amazing!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Just my type of card Cathy! Lovely. Such pretty colors and fab textures!